Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion

FroTo Request

Do you live someplace with lots of grubby bodegas? Do your grubby bodegas stock the increasingly rare and scarce FROSTED TOAST?

Please don't answer without double checking. I have been hurt before.

This is your chance to make several dollars via PayPal and perhaps poison a beloved but distant internet companion.

Comments

• ... Bimbo Bread?!

I don't think Canada is licensed for bodegas, grubby or not. ONCE AGAIN I DISAPPOINT.
  • I am with you! The closest thing I have to a bodega's sketchy snack selection is our mega-walmart because it caters to the people who come through town for one month a year with all the horses. 

• That's... frightening.
  • Yes. It is frightening how enticing that looks. Thank you, capitalism!
  • Never seen that anywhere.  But I sort of want to try it.
  • Please be very careful before admitting defeat. This is the kind of snack that can sit quietly among the honey buns and knockoff zebra cakes at a gas station near you.

probably cuz it's gross but I need 2 know 4 sure.
  • It looks like Bimbo doesn't distribute at all in Austin, but they both manufacture and distribute in Dallas and San Antonio. Next time I'm in either location I will check. I will also check Fiesta next time I go there to buy cheap animal parts. 
  • Man I don't know what Fiesta is but it sounds like a hellscape. They are BOUND to have this toast!
  • edited August 2015
    It's our local chain supermercado. It's kind of like the chicano charpie version of Kroger. 
  • your spanglish makes no sense to me.
  • Why not speak Franglais instead?
  • yak yak yak I hear a lot of yakkin' but there's no frosted toast in my inbox yet.
  • My local grocery carries Bimbo toast, but not the frosted variety. I may need to go further downmarket.
  • Go all the way down, Andrew! The rewards will bouy you back to sea level!
  • There's an off-brand gas station in my old neighborhood that carries some deep cut snacks. I'll check in next time I'm over there.
  • Bless you and bless everyone you cherish.
  • At least one good thing happened this week:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/williac/JRU3c0

Send me your address. I have 2 packages with your name on them.

I bought their entire stock, but ate the third myself.

There is truth in advertising.
  • FYI: Charlotte, NC at, I think, an Exxon/Kangaroo.
  • I saw Van Halen last night and they played "I'll Wait" and NOW THIS. Truly Labor Day Weekend is a time of magic.
  • Wow. I can't believe that product actually exists. I am inclined to believe this is an elaborate Photoshop hoax. I mean, if stilton was able to find this product in the Carolinas then why didn't Wookiee locate it for you?

I think it goes without saying that we expect a full report.
  • I think I missed this thread initially.  At least I haven't looked around for frosted toast, but Sara Lee is also a Bimbo brand and their HQ is (or at least was) in town here.  
  • Did you get the Froto?

I'm eager to see your review.
  • I am promising to dust off PW this weekend just because of this toast. Another friend sent me a pack of it at the same time unexpectedly so I am spoiled for this toast... 

SPOILER: I LOVE THIS TOAST SO MUCH. NO KIDDING.
  • If scot dusts off PW then I may be obligated to elevate stilton's status to "best friend". SORRY EVERYBODY.
  • I haven't been inside a gas station in the past three weeks.
  • I've checked three different brand gas stations and come up empty :(
  • I'm traveling across NC to the beach, and I will check for the mythical Froto, but morale is low.
  • edited November 2015
    I highly recommend eating some.

It's like a dollop of Jiffy icing sandwiched between two stale pieces of toast.
  • edited November 2015
    Y'all know you can just toast some bread and smear some Betty Crocker between the slices and you'll probably come out with something that's a little easier to digest than something made by Bimbo that you'd expect to still find fresh in the Wasteland after exiting a Vault-Tec vault?